Terms and Conditions of Use
Tutor Fees, Fee Policy & Rates
Payment Procedures &
No-Risk First Session
Termination of Service
By using Tutoring Match's tutors, you
as parent or student agree to:
- be bound by these Terms and Conditions of
- agree not to solicit, negotiate with, use or hire any of
Tutoring Match's tutors privately,
- make all arrangements for a tutor's services through Tutoring
Tutor Fees, Fee Policy
- Hourly rates for In-home and online tutoring are set by the
tutors and can be viewed by clicking on Find the
- Most tutors offer a range of rates, discounts or package
- All tutors have agreed to offer their services through Tutoring
Match at the same hourly rate they offer private
- Each tutor will assess a student request and respond with a bid
Procedures & Methods
- In-home tutorial services are invoiced, charged and emailed at
the end of each calendar month.
- While all tutors establish and set their own fees, most do not
collect any service fees directly from you, the client.
- All tutorial payments shoulld be directed through
Tutoring Match. Please do not offer to pay tutors
- Professional Member tutors (in-home and online) may choose to
have you pay them directly. Their profile will have a yellow
background and indicates their payment method preference.
check - a validated credit card number must be on file.
cash (paid in-person to Professional Members only)
online through Bill and Pay; We send you an invitation
after a tutorial has commenced.
direct withdrawal from savings or checking account.
- Any billing questions should be referred to Maribel Galindo,
bookkeeper and bursar.
"No-Risk" First Session
If the student, parent or the tutor
decides after the first session that the tutorial is not a good
match, we do not charge for that first session; otherwise, a charge
Recommendations & Referrals
If you would like to recommend or
refer your Tutoring Match tutor to another student, parent, friend
or organization, you agree to put them directly in contact with
Tutoring Match rather than with your Tutoring Match tutor. Tutoring
Match will then make the tutoring arrangements with the other
Our tutors have agreed not to
solicit or tutor students referred to them, directly or indirectly,
by a student (or his/her parents, school, teacher, psychologist,
etc.) if that student is presently or has been previously tutored
through Tutoring Match unless the referral is processed through
There is no minimum or maximum
number of sessions required.
Each of us may terminate this
agreement at any time upon prior notice to the other party;
however, in either case, you are responsible for any balance
due. Tutoring Match will charge to your credit card if such
balance is not paid by check at the time of termination.
Likewise, any credit balance due to
you will be sent to you by check or credited to your card. Late
payments will result in a 5% additional charge.